|1 1/2 cup sugar
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup oil
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
|Beat together sugar, eggs,bananas until blended. Beat in oil, and remaining ingredients until blended. do not over beat (stir by hand) Pour batter into 4 3×5″ greased foil loaf pans and bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. cool for 10 minutes. remove breads from pans and continue cooling on a rack.|
|5 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbl sugar
1 1/2 corn oil
2 cups very warm water
Earth Balance butter and corn meal to coat the pans
|1. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and corn oil. (flour, dry yeast, salt, sugar, corn oil)
2. Pour in water and mix thoroughly
3. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel. Let it stand overnight or for at least 6 hours. (the dough will double in size and then fall – this is normal)
4. Generously butter two 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 bread pans and sprinkle with corn meal.
5. Divide dough and place in pans. Allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2 – 2 hours before baking.
6. Bake in a preheated over at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
7. Serve with jam and enjoy!
|I got this recipe out of the LA Times, it’s from a restaurant called the Sea Ranch Lodge.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted, plus additional butter for greasing two loaf pans. (I use sweet, unsalted butter, and I spray the pans instead of greasing them with more butter.)
|1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease the loaf pans with butter.
2. Wash the blueberries and drain. Lightly dry with a paper towel and place in a small bowl. Tos the berries with 2 tablespoons of the flour to coat. Set aside.
3. Place the remaining flour into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the milk and vanilla. Finally, whisk in the 1 cup of melted butter.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir the ingredients together lightly just to combine; do not overmix the batter. Lastly, gently fold in the berries.
6. Fill the loaf pans evenly; they should be just over half full. Place the pans in the oven and bake until done, about 50 minutes. Check the bread every 10 minutes after 30 minutes; if it begins to color too quickly, tent it lightly with aluminum foil.
|3/4 cup flour
less than 1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cup fresh sliced peaches 1 cup sugar on peaches (optional)
|sift flour,salt, and baking powder,, mix with 1 cup sugar; slowly mix in milk to make batter. melt butter in 8x8x2 pan. pour over melted butter. do not stir. mix peaches and 1 cup sugar cover throughly. carefully spoon them over batter. bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F. serve hot or cold with cream if desired. 6 servings|
1 cup flour
1 cup milk ( soy or almond milk okay)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
|Beat eggs well, beat in milk,salt,flour and butter, cover, let stand 30 minutes. heat over a skillet or crepe pan until moderately hot,then film with butter using a ladle or small cup, pour in several, then batter, then quickly tilt pan so it spreads evenly to thinnest possible layer.|
|1/4 C margarine or butter
1 C white sugar
3 ripe, mashed bananas
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 t vanilla
|Beat butter, sugar, and egg. Mix in bananas. Add remaining ingredients. Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.|