English Muffin Bread
|5 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbl sugar
1 1/2 corn oil
2 cups very warm water
Earth Balance butter and corn meal to coat the pans
|1. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and corn oil. (flour, dry yeast, salt, sugar, corn oil)
2. Pour in water and mix thoroughly
3. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel. Let it stand overnight or for at least 6 hours. (the dough will double in size and then fall – this is normal)
4. Generously butter two 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 bread pans and sprinkle with corn meal.
5. Divide dough and place in pans. Allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2 – 2 hours before baking.
6. Bake in a preheated over at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
7. Serve with jam and enjoy!