Blueberry Breakfast Bread
|I got this recipe out of the LA Times, it’s from a restaurant called the Sea Ranch Lodge.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted, plus additional butter for greasing two loaf pans. (I use sweet, unsalted butter, and I spray the pans instead of greasing them with more butter.)
|1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease the loaf pans with butter.
2. Wash the blueberries and drain. Lightly dry with a paper towel and place in a small bowl. Tos the berries with 2 tablespoons of the flour to coat. Set aside.
3. Place the remaining flour into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the milk and vanilla. Finally, whisk in the 1 cup of melted butter.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir the ingredients together lightly just to combine; do not overmix the batter. Lastly, gently fold in the berries.
6. Fill the loaf pans evenly; they should be just over half full. Place the pans in the oven and bake until done, about 50 minutes. Check the bread every 10 minutes after 30 minutes; if it begins to color too quickly, tent it lightly with aluminum foil.