By: Fresh n’ Lean – the nation’s #1 organic meal delivery company
Easy and healthy gluten free cake, an amazing combination of those amazing, warming flavors of apples, almonds and cinnamon. Perfect to share with family and friends over a cup of tea or coffee, but healthy as it is, one could even enjoy it for breakfast without any sense of guilt.
Total time: 40 minutes
Ingredients: (6 servings)
- 2 medium apples
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond flakes
- Core the apples, remove the peel and cut the flesh in cubes. Toss in a bowl with coconut sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk well until smooth and fluffy.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients. Combine with a spoon, don’t over mix.
- Transfer to a round (about 8” diameter) baking pan greased or lined with baking paper. Add apples on top and press them gently into the dough. Sprinkle almond flakes on top.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let cool on a cooling rack before slicing.