What do busy lifestyles, environmental toxins, bad habits, and stress have in common? They’re all wreaking havoc on your body and depleting your Vital Force. But integrative cardiologist Stephen Sinatra, MD, FACC, and spiritual counselor Tommy Rosa say you can restore the mitochondria that supports Vital Force and secure your health. Here, they show you how.
New York, NY (October 2017)—You’re caught in a relentless cycle of depletion. Between the daily challenges of work, family, and taking care of yourself, you feel your energy and stamina dwindling, but you don’t know how to stop it. Even worse, after years of frantically rushing from one place to the next and meeting deadlines, stopping long enough to scarf down some questionable fast food, and collapsing into bed each night, your hectic lifestyle feels normal. You worry: If I keep up this pace, I’ll surely get sick…really sick.
The worst part is, you’re right. Struggling through life, exhausted and depleted, is a recipe for certain illness. But Dr. Stephen Sinatra and spiritual counselor Tommy Rosa say there is a way to bring your body and spirit back into balance: Nurture your Vital Force.
“We are all born with an inner core energy called Vital Force that, when strong, leads to healing, good health, and overall well-being,” says Dr. Sinatra, coauthor of Health Revelations from Heaven: 8 Divine Teachings from a Near-Death Experience (Rodale Books, 2017, ISBN: 978-1-635-65066-2, $14.99). “But if you don’t nurture this energy, it can’t sustain you. Many aspects of modern life destroy or weaken your Vital Force, and that’s when you get sick.”
What exactly is Vital Force? Well, it’s called chi by the Chinese, ki by the Japanese, prana by Hindus, and breath of God by Hebrews and Christians. But when scientific types talk about Vital Force, they tend to focus on the mitochondria that produce it, explains Dr. Sinatra. Mitochondria are tiny cucumber-shaped power plants in cells that produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which is the energy of life. Our body must make ATP continuously or else we perish. But we store enough for only 8-10 heart beats.
Thousands of studies have now been published on the link between abnormal mitochondrial dynamics and their involvement in diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, diabetes, obesity, autoimmune conditions, cancer, heart disease, headaches, chronic fatigue syndrome, and even aging itself. More than 50 million people in the United States are said to be affected by conditions involved in mitochondria dysfunction.
Here’s where things get interesting: Dr. Sinatra’s coauthor, Mr. Rosa, learned about Vital Force during a life-altering near-death experience (NDE) following a terrible accident. During his stay in Heaven, eight revelations of good health were imprinted onto his psyche. These revelations dovetailed with the knowledge that Dr. Sinatra had already gained through his studies of scientifically and medically validated clinical research, as well as his own experiences as a cardiologist. Upon meeting Mr. Rosa at a lecture in 2010, the two friends began working together to uncover the science- and medical-inspired insights on Mr. Rosa’s spiritual lessons.
“Every living thing is imbued with Vital Force at conception,” says Dr. Sinatra. “It can also be called Life Force, General Vitality, or simply vibration. A person’s Vital Force or vibration increases or decreases throughout that person’s life based on the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual choices that are made each day. The better the choices, the higher the vibration or Vital Force and the stronger and healthier you become.”
Our Vital Force—AKA mitochondria—can be depleted by many things in our environment, like viruses, bacteria, heavy metals, fungi, parasites, and molds—as well as toxins caused by negative emotions from within, notes Dr. Sinatra. These factors can lower our vibration and make us sick. But when mitochondria and ATP are supported, not only can organs, particularly the heart, be repaired, but they can also be rejuvenated.
Keep reading for five tips to help you nourish your mitochondria and bring your Vital Force back to its full power.
Avoid the Big Ten Toxins as much as possible. Though it is impossible to totally avoid Dr. Sinatra’s list of the most toxic substances you’re likely to be exposed to in daily life, try to avoid or minimize exposure to them as often as possible.
- Pesticides. To avoid them and other additives in food, eat washed organic produce. These foods are much, much lower in pesticide residue and perhaps higher in natural antioxidants, compared with nonorganic produce.
- Prescription drugs. Many pharmaceutical drugs are mitochondrial-toxic and can deplete the body of nutrients. Often natural alternatives can help treat the underlying causes of chronic problems and minimize or eliminate risky medication usage. These alternatives include eating organic, taking nutritional supplements, engaging in regular exercise, and following a good stress-reduction method. However, if you want to stop taking a drug or ease back on it, always consult your doctor first.
- Alcohol. Moderate intake of alcohol—one drink daily for women, two for men—may have therapeutic value, but drinking more than that is asking for trouble. Liver destruction, nutritional deficiencies, and premature aging are among the many consequences of heavy drinking.
- Indoor and outdoor pollution. Air pollution does damage to cells and organs over time. Use an air purifier indoors to reduce dust and other particulate matter. Install a water-filter system to purify your water—the body’s most needed beverage. And avoid walking, jogging, or biking in the city during rush hour to avoid outdoor pollution.
- Cigarette smoke. Lung cancer aside, smoking is the most destructive habit for the heart and nearly every other organ in the body. Each puff carries a toxic payload of chemicals and carcinogens. If you smoke, you need to stop now. Seek help through your physician or a credible smoking-cessation program.
- Formaldehyde. This chemical is used in the production of many household products and is even found as a preservative in some foods. It can irritate the skin, throat, nose, and eyes, and in high-level exposure is linked to some cancer. The primary way you can be exposed to formaldehyde is by breathing it, so frequently open windows to bring fresh air indoors. Also, reduce your dependency on dry cleaning, since the process used to keep clothes wrinkle-free involves the use of formaldehyde resin.
- Personal care products. Most deodorants, for instance, contain aluminum, which is known to cause DNA alterations and may, over time, lead to breast cancer. Antibacterial soap contains triclocarban and triclosan, which have been found to disrupt reproductive hormone activity and interfere with cell signaling activities, including in the brain and heart. Whenever possible, use natural products, and use them minimally, because what goes on the skin goes into the skin…and into the body.
- Petrochemicals. Derivatives of petrochemicals are found in most processed food, personal care products, and cleaning products. To minimize exposure, cut down on processed food and eat organic. Be aware that solvents can cause lung and throat irritation, and furniture polish may be flammable and can cause serious injury if accidentally swallowed. Avoid products, when possible, with the word danger on the label.
- Heavy metals. Lead from dust, dirt, old house paint, batteries, new toys, and even water flowing through lead-lined pipes can increase the risks of a number of health issues, particularly in the nervous systems of young children and unborn babies. Also avoid cigarette smoke (which contains cadmium), and limit the amount of high-mercury fish you eat, including shark, tuna, swordfish, orange roughy, large halibut, and grouper.
- Phthalates and bisphenol A (BPA). These common compounds, used in plastics and found in products ranging from cosmetics, soaps, lotions, food packaging, and water bottles are dangerous to all. Reduce your exposure by steering clear of plastic containers whenever you can. Avoid canned foods and drink water out of glass bottles or containers.
“Fertilize” your mitochondria with targeted nutritional supplementation. Dr. Sinatra shares that there are some powerful supplements you can take to feed your mitochondria and help counteract all the toxicity to which you are exposed. These include Coenzyme Q10, Omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, carnitine, and d-ribose. NOTE: See attached sidebar: Five Mitochondria-Friendly Supplements (and the Foods They Naturally Occur In)
Support Vital Force through rhythmic deep breathing. Deep and rhythmic breathing helps the respiratory system remove the toxins that deplete your Vital Force. In addition to disposing of carbon dioxide, the respiratory system includes several protective mechanisms to prevent infiltration of toxins from the air we breathe. Dr. Sinatra recommends you practice this exercise at least five minutes every day:
- Sit erect (but not stiff) in a straight chair with a pillow placed between your shoulder blades. Remove your shoes. Place your feet firmly on the floor or, weather permitting, barefoot on the earth outside.
- Gently open your mouth. Let your jaw hang softly.
- Breathe in and out through your nose, with your awareness on each inhalation and exhalation.
- Place your hands over your navel and, with your eyes closed, feel your abdomen rise under your hands.
- When your breathing is calm and slowed down, your Vital Force is nurtured.
Use a sauna to sweat out toxins and rejuvenate your body. Sweating in a sauna is an excellent way to detoxify the body. It helps you eliminate heavy metals, toxins, petrochemicals, insecticides, and pesticides that reside in our subcutaneous fat.
“Several of my patients strongly believe that they ‘cured’ themselves by sweating out such toxins in infrared and Swedish sauna,” says Dr. Sinatra. “Another great way to sweat out toxins is through regular exercise, which also promotes detoxification.”
Raise your vibration through positive thoughts. Along with the other self-healing powers of your body, your thoughts and actions can either raise or lower your vibration, affecting your Vital Force. Negative emotions like fear, lack of faith, anger, jealousy, greed, ego, self-pity, and negative thinking lower your vibration and make you vulnerable to illness. Luckily, you can avoid behaviors, circumstances, and thoughts that lower your vibration and can embrace others that raise it. Practice raising your energetic vibration through positive thoughts every day to enhance your Vital Force. NOTE: See attached tipsheet: 20 Things That Lower Your Vibration…and 20 More That Raise It
“Because your Vital Force is so crucial in maintaining the life—and the aliveness—in your body, you need to be committed to nurturing it back to its fullest potential,” concludes Dr. Sinatra. “It’s an ongoing job that will continue to pay off for you. When the Vital Force is strong, you become the healthiest, happiest version of yourself, because you are supported and well, all the way down to the cellular level, where true healing occurs.”
Five Mitochondria-Friendly Supplements
(and the Foods They Naturally Occur In)
To counteract day-to-day toxicity exposure and nourish your mitochondria, adopt
a healthy protocol of supplements and healing foods.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) plays an important role in the production of energy at the cellular level and helps produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Wild migratory salmon and sardines, as well as organ meats such as liver and heart, contain the highest quantities of CoQ10, but you can also obtain this nutrient from supplements.
- Omega-3 fatty acids support the heart and overall health by increasing HDL (the good cholesterol), decreasing triglycerides and normalizing blood pressure, preventing plaque ruptures, and much more. While omega-3 supplements come in plant- or marine-based forms, Dr. Sinatra recommends marine-derived products because they directly supply the beneficial omega-3 fat, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Another healthy and sustainable option is squid oil.
- Three additional ATP-boosting nutrients are magnesium, carnitine, and d-ribose. Magnesium is essential for metabolism of food and release of energy and is important in preserving the DNA in the mitochondria. Carnitine transports fatty acids to the mitochondria and helps remove toxins. Finally, d-ribose is a naturally occurring sugar derivative of ATP and can help keep mitochondria functioning at a higher level.
In addition to taking supplements, you can also eat more foods high in these nutrients. The best foods for CoQ10 are wild migratory salmon and sardines; for carnitine, the best source is lamb; for magnesium, consume nuts, seeds (especially pumpkin seeds), leafy greens, beans, and figs; for omega-3s, eat wild migratory salmon, tuna, and flaxseeds.
20 Things That Lower Your Vibration…and 20 More That Raise It
Excerpted from Health Revelations from Heaven: 8 Divine Teachings from a
Near-Death Experience (Rodale Books, 2017, ISBN: 978-1-635-65066-2, $14.99)
by Tommy Rosa and Stephen Sinatra, MD
Everything in the human body—every cell, every organ, every system, every thought, every emotion—vibrates to its own natural rhythm. When our energy vibrates at a high level, we attract better health. When it vibrates at a low level, the opposite happens: Pathogens and toxins are more likely to enter the body and make us sick.
The good news is, we can avoid behaviors, attitudes, and circumstances that lower our vibration and embrace others that raise it. Tommy Rosa and Stephen Sinatra, MD, coauthors of Health Revelations from Heaven, offer a quick list to consider:
Things That Lower Your Vibration
· Telling a lie (or knowingly not telling the truth)
· Thinking negatively, pessimistically
· Lacking love
· Remaining isolated and being lonely
· Lacking faith
· Having aggressive behavior
· Being selfish
· Staying angry
· Lacking a purpose
· Unresolved grief or sadness
· Not forgiving self or others
· Lacking activity and physical movement
· Drug use
· Drinking alcohol
· Eating GMO (genetically modified organism) foods
· Consuming excess sugars
· Overexposing yourself to the chaotic, unseen frequencies of cordless and cellular phones, Bluetooth monitors, cell phone towers, computers, and other wireless technologies that create the invisible toxicity surrounding the Earth
Things That Raise Your Vibration
· Having faith
· Loving yourself and others
· Forgiving yourself and others
· Creating biological and spiritual family connections and building romantic relationships
· Letting go of anger, fear, ego, grief, and selfishness
· Spending time with children and animals
· Praying and/or meditating
· Mind/body interactions like tai chi, qigong, and yoga
· Positive thinking
· Not using illegal drugs and limiting alcohol intake
· Pursuing a favorite hobby
· Listening to music
· Being flexible and fluid
· Drinking clean water with minerals, preferably out of glass containers
· Eating a clean, non-GMO, organic foods-based, non-inflammatory diet
· Detoxifying your body and surrounding environment
· “Grounding” by walking barefoot on sand, grass, or even concrete as often as possible
· Taking targeted nutritional supplements that support Vital Force energy
About the Authors:
Dr. Stephen Sinatra and Tommy Rosa are coauthors of Health Revelations from Heaven.
Stephen T. Sinatra, MD, FACC, is a cardiologist and psychotherapist with 40 years of clinical experience treating heart disease. He is the host of HeartMDInstitute.com and the creator of Vervana Marketplace (vervana.com), which offers wholesome, high-quality products from all over the world. He lives in St. Petersburg, FL.
Tommy Rosa is a spiritual counselor who helps people conquer their fear of death. He is also the founder of the Unicorn Foundation in Stuart, Florida, a nonprofit foundation dedicated to educational endeavors and community outreach projects. He lives in Stuart, FL.
About the Book:
Health Revelations from Heaven: 8 Divine Teachings from a Near-Death Experience (Rodale Books, 2017, ISBN: 978-1-635-65066-2, $14.99) is available from major online booksellers. For more information, please visit www.healthrevelationsbook.com.