Vegan Chik’n Pot Pie
|1 pack Gardein Scallopini cut into 1/4 cubes
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup diced potato or sweet potato
1 cup frozen peas (frozen is fine)
3/4 tsp thyme
3/4 tsp sage
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup Earth Balance Butter
4 cups vegetable broth or vegan chicken broth
Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
|Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
1. Brown Gardein Scallopini in a saute pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. In a 5.5qt stock pot, cook onions in olive oil for 3 minutes and add potato, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Put the Gardein chicken and peas into the pot.
In a separate pan, make the roux: melt the stick of butter, and then add the mix the 1/2 cup of flour. When well combined add the broth until well mixed and boiling. Then whisk in the yeast flakes and Bragg’s.
7. Add the roux a bit at a time and continue to cook as sauce begins to thicken.
8. Stir in Gardein Scallopini, Bragg’s liquid aminos and peas. Pour mixture into a large shallow pan.
9. Top the pan with puff pastry sheets.
10. bake for 35-40 minutes, until hot and bubbly and pastry sheets are golden brown.