Spinach Mushroom Squares
|2 Medium onions, finely chopped (1 cup)
1/4 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 Tbls vegan margarine
2 packages of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and well drained)
1/4 cup of packaged bread crumbs
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crumbled basil
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp pepper
|Preheat over to 325 degrees
1. Cook onions and mushrooms in butter in a large skillet until soft. Let it cool.
2. Beat eggs in large bowl until frothy. Stir in onion mixture, spinach, bread crumbs, soup, and 2 tbls of the vegan parmesan cheese, salt, basil, nutmeg and pepper until well combined.
3. Spread mixture in a greased 9x9x2 baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the remaining vegan parmesan cheese.
5. Bake (uncovered) in slow oven at 325 degrees until set. (about an hour).
6. Cut into squares and serve.